Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

A pair less worn….


Marlyn Monroe once said something really wise about shoes and I quote, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” I completely agree. If you read about Cinderella, you know what I am talking about – a pair of shoes can change your life completely and hitch you with the “perfect man”!!

If you have a great pair of shoes, you know you are going places. But what if you are stuck with a wrong pair??? Well, that’s exactly what happened to me.

Around 8 years ago (8 years is a rough vague estimate!)… I bought a pair of white and pink Nike Shoes. It wasn’t an impulse purchase but then I never really needed it either. At one point of time, I had sports shoes from almost all big brands – Reebok, Addidas, Sketchers and Nike. No, I wasn’t into any form of athletics…. Nor did I workout or go for walks… I was just a shoes curator!

Over the years, I managed to wear all these shoes… except the Nike pair. That pair was just like bad luck for me. Every single time I wore it, I tripped, fell on my face and twisted my ankle. They just didn’t feel right for me. So, even though they kept saying, “Just do it! Wear me”, all I really did was “Just ignore it!”

For 8 long years, I wore them almost never, cleaned it at times and changed its location in my shoe closet a lot of times… always trying to hide it in the back. But a few days ago, I attempted to wear them for my workout session. 2 seconds into them, I was uneasy. I removed them and finally made a decision. These shoes need to find a new owner. I couldn’t hold on to a pair any longer. It doesn’t make sense that it occupies so much space in my precious shoe closet. I had to donate it to someone who had smaller feet than me.

So finally, there I was. Bidding adieu to the imperfect pair and taking my first step towards decluttering and reducing my mess!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you mean... I have like a million pair of earings no one has ever seen me wear one!

    ReplyDelete